Windoze PGP Compatability

Johnston, Sam samj@bigpond.net.au
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 20:13:06 +1000

Hello all,

I've been a windoze pgp user for a while and am in the process of converting
over to unix/gpg. For the time being, however, I need to be able to use both
GPG and PGP. I've created my keys using GPG and am trying to import them to
PGP, but with limited success. I've done:

gpg --export-secret-keys --armor

to get the secret, which I've copied to the clipboard and then done 'Add key
from clipboard' (from pgptray). I can do this with the public key, but get a
read error when I do it for the private. If I do it to a file:

gpg --export-secret-keys -o somefile.asc

or

gpg --export-secret-keys --armor -o somefile.asc

and then try to import them with PGPkeys I get errors about not containing
any valid PGP keys.

There's probably a fairly logical explaination for this... perhaps I should
be doing it the other way around? ie creating under PGP and importing to
GPG?

I'm not on the list so copy me in when you reply please.

Thanks,

Sam