why I cannot unsubscribe from myself

Pierre-Henri SENESI Pierre-Henri.Senesi@taloa.unice.fr
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 22:47:54 +0200

Dear follks,

Many thanks to those of you who send me kind messages explaining how to
unsubscribe (theoretically)
No thanks to those who appear to think that I am a lost student who is
unable to understand how a list works.

I have, at the date, send more than 11 messages (11 from the computer I
am working on now, and probably as much from the two others I use each
day) and confirmations to the correct address, with the correct command,
in order to get rid of my dummy subscription. I suppose that the problem
appears between my real address and an alias that my provider (the
University of Nice) adds to it.

It is why I send, at the date, 24 messages (from this machine, and some
others from the others) to the list maintainer (Lord of the Lists
<listmaster@gnupg.org>)

I got only one answer, that solved nothing, and just showed me a lack of
interest for my problem and a lack of respect for the users. This answer
is above, at the end of this mail, explaining me that I am not
subscribed and that the messages are probably forwarded to me.

I am the owner of two mailing lists. I could not, in any case, let
anybody be bored so long confronting with a silly machine.

You could also find interesting to learn that I received mails from
others persons who have the same problem with this list than mine, and
no more solutions. They have been receiveing mails of no more interest
for them during months, but did not dare to complain.

I regret sincerely to bore you once again, and I hope that it is the
last one.  I received once more an automatic message asking me to
confirm my unsubscription, but I guess what will the next answer ...

I fear that the maintainer (mailto:listmaster@gnupg.org) is the only
person to fire, and the only one able to solve the problem.