Pass/fail test on gpg implimentation on PINE

William (Andy) Smith William (Andy) Smith" <romaq@members.limitless.org
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 05:50:07 -0700 (PDT)

I'm not yet on the mail list, so please CC: me on a response.  When we
implimented PGPi at our site several years ago, we used PINE, and found it
painful to have to key in the passphrase on each and every single email we
sent.  It is desireable that the software has a configurable timer that,
so long as we have our PINE session open on a given host and we've invoked
the gpg within that timeframe, say 5 to 10 minutes, may I *please* not
have to type 'the longest sentence I can think of for a passphrase that is
easy to remember, difficult to guess, I hope my passphrase is long
enough'.  That isn't my passphrase, really, but having to type in a 'good
passphrase' each and every email sent... yech!  So we dumped PGP, years
ago.  Is it about time we looked into gpg?  Can we somehow use good
passphrases without the agony (and security risk of being seen) typing the
silly thing in over and over and over and over within a ten minute
session?

Tnx!

William (Andy) Smith