DSA = DSS?

John Bacalle john@unixen.org
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 01:59:40 -0400

As far as I can tell from reading docs and FAQs[1] DSA (as it appears in
GnuPG) is the same as DSS under PGP (as it appears in PGP 5/6), yes?

IOW, in all the reading I've done it's implicit/tacit that GnuPG will
inter-operate with PGP, with the exception of RSA! So, I take that to
mean that GnuPG's -- Pubkey: ELG-E, DSA, ELG -- DSA and ElGamal default
key pair option is therefore synonymous with PGP's DSS.

Straighten me out, please.

   $ gpg --version
   gpg (GnuPG) 1.0.1
   This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
   under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

   Home: ~/.gnupg
   Supported algorithms:
   Cipher: 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, TWOFISH
   Pubkey: ELG-E, DSA, ELG