Revoking keys

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 11:59:01 +0200

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Johan Wevers wrote:

> However, I still have a lot of material that is encrypted with them.
So you may want to re-encrypt it if you are sure that noone got access to the data itself.
> When I revoke my keys in gpg (and one in pgp 2.6.3i), will I still be able
> to read those mails? Are they after that still on my secret keyring but
> flagged "revoked"?
Yes. We never remove anything form a key but just add a special signature. However, it is always good to have a backup copy of your secret key. Werner -- Werner Koch GnuPG key: 621CC013 OpenIT GmbH http://www.OpenIT.de -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org