[fwd] User accounts with IIS 4 (from: Mark.ODell@connect.co.uk)

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 14:32:39 +0200

----- Forwarded message from Mark O'Dell <Mark.ODell@connect.co.uk> -----

Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 12:42:30 +0100
From: "Mark O'Dell" <Mark.ODell@connect.co.uk>
To: "'gnupg-users@gnupg.org'" <gnupg-users@gnupg.org>
Subject: User accounts with IIS 4

Hi,

I have been trying to get GnuPGP working on an NT 4 Server (SP6a) running
IIS4 and set up as follows:

GnuPGP is installed in a directory called d:\iis\websites\gnupg.
The registry key suggested has been added to Hkey_Users/Default.
The website is set to run with the default "IUSR_CNDC2" account.
All relevant permissions

When you try to execute a PGP command from a PHP script the command fails to
run.  However if I change the name of the "IUSR_CNDC" (i.e. without the 2)
it works correctly.  Other possibilites include naming the account simply
"xxx", but "xxxx" does not seem to work.  This behaviour can be replicated
on two independent machines.

Please could you advise on the reason for this behaviour what characters I
can/cannot use in usernames.

Many Thanks
Regards,
Mark O'Dell
The Helpdesk Team

  _____

Connect Support Services Ltd.
The Fifth Floor
South Quay Plaza II
183 Marsh Wall
London
E14 9SH	 	Web site:	 http://www.connect.co.uk
<http://www.connect.co.uk/>
	Email:	  <mailto:helpdesk@connect.co.uk> helpdesk@connect.co.uk

	Telephone:	 +44 (0)20 7517 2999
	Facsimile:	 +44 (0)20 7517 2099

This email (including any attachments) is subject to copyright, and the
information in it is confidential.
Use of this email or of any information in it other than by the addressee is
unauthorised and unlawful.

  _____

----- End forwarded message -----

--