suggest a keyserver

Stefan Suurmeijer stefan@symbolica.nl
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 22:53:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Bryan K. Walton wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, David T-G wrote:
>
> > I have wwwkeys.us.pgp.net in my GPG options file, and it usually works.
>
> Please forgive my ignorance here. I installed gnupg yesterday and have my
> key, etc., etc. But what do you mean by "gpg options file". Where is
> this file? And what does having a keyserver in the file provide?

try ~/.gnupg/options. This file contains all your settings. Among others your keyserver, which is a server where public keys are stored. If you don't use a keyserver, you need to manually import every public key you need. If you uncomment the keyserver option and set it to a valid keyserver (pgpkeys.mit.edu, horowitz.surfnet.nl etc), gpg will contact the keyserver to look up any public keys you don't have. Stefan -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org