[PGP-USERS] FW: Serious bug in PGP - versions 5 and 6

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 16:25:43 +0200

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Walter Truitt wrote:

> My key was created by gnupg, but the keyserver says Version: 5.0

> > Version: 5.0
> > Comment: PGP Key Server 0.9.4
That is the armor which has nothing to do with the implemnation used to create the key (a keyserver does not create keys)
> I don't feel you can use the keyserver as a guide to what versions of
> pgp are being used.
What I wanted to say, was that the majority of keys on the keyservers are v4 keys as generated by PGPG >= 5 or GnuPG. You can easily see that by looking at the algorithms: PGP 2 is not able to generate DSA keys. Werner -- Werner Koch GnuPG key: 621CC013 OpenIT GmbH http://www.OpenIT.de -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org