RSA revoke certificates

Oliver Wellnitz oliver@escape.de
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 13:18:20 +0200

On Sun, Aug 27, 2000 at 08:31:58AM +0200, Johan Wevers wrote:

> > I created a test key and a revoke certificate with PGP 2.6.3in and gnupg
> > won't accept the revoke certificate if you import the test key first.
>
> If you already have imported the secret test key, why not have GnuPG issue a
> new revocation certifivate and import that?
I did not import the secret key and I don't want to do that. But that's not the point. What happens if you don't have the secret key? Example: Your mail partner sends you a revoke certificate for his key because it is compromised. GnuPG ignores this revoke and you'll end up using his key again and again. Oliver -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org