RSA revoke certificates

Johan Wevers johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 14:13:24 +0200 (MET DST)

Oliver Wellnitz wrote:

> I did not import the secret key and I don't want to do that. But that's not
> the point. What happens if you don't have the secret key?
Then you can't revoke it. And that's a good thing: otherwise you could revoke my key for example, and I yours. Is that what you would like?
> Example: Your mail partner sends you a revoke certificate for his key
> because it is compromised. GnuPG ignores this revoke and you'll end up
> using his key again and again.
Then delete that public key from your keyring. I had a similar situation recently, where I sent my revocation certificate plus my new keys to a pgp user. His pgp saw 2 revoked keys of me in his public keyring and decided not to use any of my keys at all (I only got an encrypted to self message). Deleting the public keys was the only solution. -- ir. J.C.A. Wevers // Physics and science fiction site: johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl // http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html PGP/GPG public keys at http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/pgpkeys.html -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org