Pb decrypting with PGP 6.5.3 and GnuPG

Mr Griffon griffon9@hotmail.com
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 07:19:26 GMT

Well in fact I had already started designing a neat Windows frontend for
gnupg, with all the bells'n whitles (Win98 style toolbars, etc...). Then I
found out that the current version of GnuPG for Windows has absolutely NO
way of getting the secret key password from another program. This means
that, no matter what, when decrypting something, the front-end had to let
GnuPG open a shell window and have the user type in his password there...
since I don't know much C, I can't do anything else than wait that this is
fixed. The gnome front-end is possible because the password passing feature
exists and works on the Unix version of GnuPG. I quite don't understand why
there's no "secret-password-is" option for GnuPG that lets someone pass the
password directly, it is not less secure than having someone type it
interactively.