PGP 7 and encrypted session key is bad

Andreas Siegert afx@atsec.com
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 17:31:25 +0100

Hi,

I am using gpg 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 (Linux).
I am trying to interoperate with PGP 7.0 (NT).

When encrypting messages to the PGP system, no matter if it is a gpg or pgp
generated key, I always get the error "encrypted session key is bad". If I send
signed messages (with a GPG key) then I get a "found detached sig, no
callback" error from PGP.

Browsing the archive I found references to using CAST, and I ended up setting
to following options:

escape-from-lines
lock-once
rfc1991
cipher-algo CAST5
compress-algo 1
no-comment

Still, no go. Am I missing something? Didn't see anything in the FAQ pointing
to PGP 7 and I hope I have included everything I need that I could see from
references to the older versions.

Colleagues who use gpg 1.0.1 as shipped with redhat tell me that they don't
have this problem.
For obvious reasons, I'd like to us a more current release :-)

thanks for any hints
afx
--
atsec information security GmbH                Phone: +49-89-44249830
Steinstrasse 68                                  Fax: +49-89-44249831