PGP 7 and encrypted session key is bad

Stefan H. Holek stefan@epy.co.at
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 21:06:25 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Andreas Siegert wrote:

> I am using gpg 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 (Linux).
> I am trying to interoperate with PGP 7.0 (NT).
>
> When encrypting messages to the PGP system, no matter if it is a gpg or pgp
> generated key, I always get the error "encrypted session key is bad". If I send
> signed messages (with a GPG key) then I get a "found detached sig, no
> callback" error from PGP.

> escape-from-lines
> lock-once
> rfc1991
I don't know what rfc1991 actually does and I don't use it. The manpage says: "Try to be more RFC1991 (PGP 2.x) compliant." ???
> cipher-algo CAST5
> compress-algo 1
> no-comment
I also have digest-algo sha1 # gpg will otherwise use RIPE-MD-160 and, though you don't appear to have key problems s2k-cipher-algo cast5 # gpg default for this is BLOWFISH s2k-digest-algo sha1 # default RIPE-MD-160 There have also been some No Callback discussions on pgp-users; unresolved AFAIK. Make sure it is not actually a problem with the plugin or the mail client on the Windows side. Are you using PGP/MIME? Try without. HTH, Stefan -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org