Win32 Installation Package for GPG/WinPT (improved)

Ed Suominen ed@eepatents.com
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 00:53:21 -0700

The first "actual" release of WinGPG, a Windows 9x, ME, NT, 2K installation
package of GPG and Timo Schulz's great little WinPT program, is now
available at ftp://eepatents.com/clients/wingpg.exe. The ZIP archive is
available at ftp://eepatents.com/clients/wingpg.zip for those who just want
to browse through the files.

I've fixed numerous bugs since the beta release (though this is probably
still a "beta" release and that was an "alpha"). It seems to work OK on a
couple of PCs and seems to be very easy to use.

Included in this release is my first public disclosure of a passphrase
selection scheme I've invented and a user's guide ("ABC MANUAL") written in
simple, clear language for the average computer user who doesn't know (or
care) anything about cryptography.

Timo and I plan to work together on the next release, and look forward to
comments, suggestions, and the inevitable bug reports. (He's the real
programmer - I'm just a frustrated PGP user and part-time crypto inventor
who still remembers how to write batch files and who got tired of waiting
for a Win32 installation package people could actually understand.)

Have fun.

Ed Suominen
Registered Patent Agent
Web Site: http://eepatents.com