GnuPG 1.0.4-1 + IDEA for Windows

Rich rich@cnylug.org
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 14:18:27 -0500

  Hello all, and happy holidays.

 While I agree that this person should not be distributing a GnuPG
version that is in violation of the GPL,  While I'm not certain that
this is necessarily the best forum for argue the point, I am certain
that this isn't the time of year to do it!   :-)

  If Werner isn't constantly being asked for a GnuPG library he's
having to see this kind of thing in his forums.   :-)

 I think the best solution to this problem is to let that guy (whose
name once again escapes me) do his thing, and let Werner do his thing
and let the chips fall where they may.  We really don't have the power
to make that guy STOP compiling his version of GnuPG with IDEA
compiled in, so why argue about it?  If in the future the IDEA patent
holders wish to go after him or the FSF, they will.  There are plenty
of witnesses that will testify that the official version does not
contain IDEA so I think Werner is safe from a legal perspective.

  I hope everyone gets that Quad CPU box with 1-gig of RAM that
they've been wanting!   :-)

 Happy Holidays!

  Rich...