Sphinx

Andreas Siegert afx@atsec.com
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 10:53:08 +0100

Quoting Brian Minton (minton@csc.smsu.edu) on Wed, Dec 27, 2000 at 10:49:42AM -0600:

Massive distribution of Sphinx.... I doubt it. This is a German government thingy (http://www.bsi.de/aufgaben/projekte/sphinx/index.htm). None of my commercial customers has ever heard of it. The beauty of Sphinx is the storage of keys in smart cards. But there is near zero chance to use this on a worldwide heterogeneous customer base. Way too much German signature law centered. If you your key contacts for e-mail are in the German government, there is probably no way around it, but for the rest, I really don't think this is the solution, it is way too Germany centric. cheers afx -- atsec information security GmbH Phone: +49-89-44249830 Steinstrasse 68 Fax: +49-89-44249831 D-81667 Muenchen, Germany WWW: www.atsec.com May the Source be with you! -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org