sparc32 & gnupg speed problems?

Chris Ruffin c.ruffin@ieee.org
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 09:15:35 -0600

--tqI+Z3u+9OQ7kwn0

Hello, I'm using gnupg on both sparc32 and linux platforms.  I've
noticed a tremendous speed difference between the two platforms, and
was wondering if there was something I was doing wrong.  Signing an
e-mail message with gnupg on a sparc workstation (ultra 1) takes about
20 seconds, while my trusty 486/50 MHz Linux machine signs the same
message (using the same key) in about a second flat.  I compiled gnupg
for sparc myself using:

./configure --disable-nls --disable-dev-random --prefix=$HOME

The linux gnupg was installed from the standard debian package.

Is anyone aware of any speed related issues with sparc32?

Chris
--
Chris Ruffin <c.ruffin@ieee.org>
http://www.ece.msstate.edu/~ruff/