Still problems with kmail 1.0.x and gpg

holgi holgi@inferno.nadir.org
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 16:38:18 +0200

On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Stefan Taferner wrote:

> Of course everybody is welcome to integrate latest KMail changes back
> into the stable KMail 1.0.29+ :-)
si - but i am not able to do this :-( so that's why i started this thread here. maybe someone who reads this has the ability to do it and actually has the resources to do it ;-)
> > as you may have read between the lines i better like (and/or have) to use
> > stable versions. if kmail1.1.x is stable, fine. but i think it is not
> > possible to install kde1.1.x and kde2 (only the libraries) together on the
> > same system, is it ? if it's possible, this could be a solution. i don't
> > think kde-1.9.2 as a whole is as stable as i want ;)
> It is possible.
really, that's great. i thought it was not...
> The only problem might be the config files, as they are not 100% up- and
> downwards compatible. So yo would need to switch the ~/.kde directory
> tree if you want to switch back from Kde-2 to Kde-1.
since it's only one application this isn't to bad. kmail-files (.index) didn't change ?
> Use Pgp2.x meanwhile.
> It works fine with your version of KMail, and it's license is also not too
> strict, IMO.
yes, but you can't communicate with someone who only has new pgp5/gpg-style keys... :-( ciao, holgi -- "I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though she's too young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I worry that 10 or 15 years from now, she will come to me and say 'Daddy, where were you when they took freedom of the press away from the Internet?' " -Mike Godwin