Problem with PGP working together with GNUPG

Ralf Orlowski Ralf Orlowski <Ralf@orle.de>
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 23:20:13 +0200

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with the exchange of encrypted messages between PGP and
GNUPG.

PGP (I tried version 5.0 and 6.5.1 beta on linux) is not able to decrypt
any message I encrypt with GNUPG (I tried version 1.0.0 and 1.0.1).

Iīve tried different cypher algos on encrypting with GNUPG but PGP either
tells me, that it is not able to decrypt the message or it just ends with
an signal 11.
If I exchange messages only with PGP everything works fine, so PGP seems to
work allright.

Also the other way is no problem. Every message, that is encrypted with
PGP, I can decrypt with GNUPG.

I even searched dejanews for hints, what Iīm doing wrong, but I havenīt
found anything.

But as I read, GNUPG and PGP should be able to work together. So if anyone
can give me an hint, where I canīt find a solution for this problem, it
would be appreciated.

Bye

Ralf
--
Ralf Orlowski                           voice: +49-821-889594
Via-Claudia-Str. 27                     mobil: +49-173-5239069