pgp6<->gnupg

Jade Nicoletti nicoletti@nns.ch
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 18:45:09 +0200

Hi

I've tried to encrypt a message for a friend who's using PGPfreeware 6.5.1 Int.
gng (1.0.1) just segfaulted. I fetched his key at:
http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=chl%40for.ch
and imported it in my keyring.

my gnupg options file looks like this:

no-secmem-warning
no-greeting
force-v3-sigs
escape-from-lines
lock-once

my mutt configuration (pgp related part):
set pgp_default_version=gpg
set pgp_key_version=default
set pgp_gpg=/usr/local/bin/gpg

I'm using mutt 0.95.3i (which was included in my distro, Debian GNU/Linux (slink))

1. question:
Is it just not possible to use PGPfreeware and GnuPG together, or have configured
anything wrong?

2. question:

when he sends me a signed message, it is not recognized as such by mutt. is this
because of a PGPfreeware<->GnuPG incompatibily, a incorrect mutt configuration or
something else?

such a messege looks like this:

gpg should handle the SHA1 algorythm, shouln't it?

ps: if you reply to this message, can you cc me (i'm not subsc. on the list) please?

 Jade Nicoletti            Nicoletti Net Services       Tel.  01 240 4774
 Geschäftsleitung          Postfach 2519                Fax   01 240 4775
 System-Administration     8021 Zürich