new version

Gael Queri gqueri@mail.dotcom.fr
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 20:05:14 +0200

Hello Benjamin,

On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 12:29:51PM -0400, Benjamin Feist wrote:

> When can we expect the new faster version? my Sun e250 takes 50 seconds to
> encrypt 6k.

>From what I've found on the web, this is an UltraSPARC-II
First what version of gnupg do you use ? And with which OS ? There were some sparc related changes in 1.0.1 and later, so you might want to try gnupg-1.0.1e to see if that's faster. Also what algorithm did you use? If it's still too slow, we'll have to use the new functions that appeared in gmp-3.0. You can look at http://www.swox.com/gmp/ to see the speed comparisons of UltraSPARC versus other architectures with this version. Regards, gael