system hangs during key generation

David L Smith David.Smith@usa.alcatel.com
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 14:22:36 -0500

I have only recently started using GNUpg myself, and have not tried what you
are doing.   However have you tried logging in a second connection to the
same machine and doing other work there while GNUpg is generating the key.
It is my understanding that GNUpg is waiting to gather random events from
other processes.

-- David Smith = Linux is free. Life is good. = ********************************************************************* The man scarce lives who is not more credulous than he ought to be... The natural disposition is always to believe. It is acquired wisdom and experience only that teach incredulity, and they very seldom teach it enough. - Adam Smith