trusting an imported key which is the only key in a ring?

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 11:51:39 +0100

On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Robert Forsman wrote:

> I have a DSA key (beaver-alpha) I generated on one machine. I have
> exported the public key and copied it to another machine and imported it as
> the ONLY key in that user's keyring. I want to trust that key for --verify
> operations. What gpg command do I use to mark that key as fully trusted?
There used to be an option --trusted-key which was used to specify keys that should be considered as ultimately trusted without having this secret key. I removed this option on 1999-03-11 at the same time the lsign command was implemented. I can't remember the actual reason for removing this options but IIRC some folks complained about a possible security problem. I would have to browse the archives for this (Yes,yes we should have htdig on lists.gnupg.org - I know). Hmmm... Werner