passphrase in memory, how ?

Roger Burton West roger@firedrake.org
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 16:05:38 +0000

On Sat, Mar 11, 2000 at 01:47:35PM +0100, Michal Hajek wrote:

>but, as far as I know the number means how meny seconds the passphrase
>will be stored in memory. 3600 means that I do not need to write again
>my passphrase for 1 hour. ok ?
>I would like to have passphrase in memory for consederable longer time,
>say a day or even without any limit.
>That is why I tried
>set pgp_timeout=43200, which is 12 hours.
>
>So where is the problem ?
>The problem arised after I tried this bigger value.
>After I restarted mutt, I have to type passphrase every time, doesn't
>matter when I wrote last email.
That sounds as if the timeout value is being stored in a signed 16-bit value... try 32767 and see if that works. If it does, and 32768 doesn't, the problem is identified... :-) Roger -- Roger Burton West -/- roger@firedrake.org http://www.firedrake.org/roger/ -/- ICQ UIN 48964316, occasionally "Hush, child, go to sleep - it's only the sound of a gun."