GPG & PGP 6.5.x (was: PGP 5.x and GnuPG)

Chris Ruvolo csr6702@grace.rit.edu
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 00:02:18 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, William X. Walsh wrote:

>>>Well, I don't know about this. I've had a large problem with PGP 6.x not
>>>being
>>>able to decrypt messages encrypted by GnuPG, regardless if they key it is
>>>encrypting to was created in GnuPG or PGP.
>>
>> So you're saying that GnuPG and PGP are *not* compatible and people
>> using one may not be able to successfully exchange encrypted
>> documents with users of the other?
>
>The problem is persistant, and anytime I encrypt a message using GnuPG, users
>of PGP 6.5.x (for windows at least) cannot decrypt the message. It gives an
>error. I've reported this a few times in the past over the last few months.
>
>This is not an intermittent problem.
I can confirm this problem. I was one of the people that emailed William. I tested it with GPG 1.0.1 and PGP Freeware for Windows 6.5.2. Perhaps there is some kind of option I am missing or something? I have the following settings in my options file: no-greeting force-v3-sigs escape-from-lines lock-once load-extension rsa load-extension idea rfc1991 keyserver wwwkeys.us.pgp.net Any suggestions? Thanks. -Chris