Collecting entropy?

Marius Strom marius@alpha1.net
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 22:51:36 -0600 (CST)

BSD machine:
in /etc/defaults/rc.conf, set rand_irqs="<some irq's that are actually
used>"

It defaults to keyboard controller, IIRC, which is not helpful on a
headless terminal.

I use the IRQ of my disk controller, then run a find / creates wonderful
entropy. =]

--
Marius Strom <marius@alpha1.net>
Professional Geek/Unix System Administrator

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice...
...In practice, there is a big difference.