Collecting entropy?

Darren Cook darren@factcomm.co.jp
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 14:06:19

At 22:51 00/03/30 -0600, Marius Strom wrote:

>BSD machine:
>in /etc/defaults/rc.conf, set rand_irqs="<some irq's that are actually
>used>"
>
>It defaults to keyboard controller, IIRC, which is not helpful on a
>headless terminal.
>
>I use the IRQ of my disk controller, then run a find / creates wonderful
>entropy. =]
Thanks (and to L. Sassaman). Looking at that file I see: rand_irqs="NO" # Stir the entropy pool (like "5 11" or NO). Any suggestions what to do here (assuming the ISP is unwilling to change that file and reboot their server)? Is it reasonable to create the keys on my linux machine then upload them? Darren