Collecting entropy?

phil@Stimpy.netroedge.com phil@Stimpy.netroedge.com
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 21:57:15 -0800

Speaking of which: Has anyone got experience using some hardware based
entropy sources?  I.e., I've heard of ISA/PCI cards which use
variations in wind currents/radio traffic/etc. to produce a plethera
of random data.  This could be useful to a server which depends on
lots of random data (like a box which encrypts a lot of web pages,
provides VPN, etc.).  Any Linux supported devices?  Would anyone like
to help me design/make one to market and sell? =')

Phil

-- Philip Edelbrock -- IS Manager -- Edge Design, Corvallis, OR phil@netroedge.com -- http://www.netroedge.com/~phil PGP F16: 01 D2 FD 01 B5 46 F4 F0 3A 8B 9D 7E 14 7F FB 7A