Solar data deletion (Re: How do I do "wipe" in WinNT)

John Bacalle john@unixen.org
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 22:54:06 -0500

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 11:59:30PM +0000, Marc Mutz wrote:

> Some claim that nothing that
> was on a harddisk will ever be lost. Except if you shred your hard disk,
> heat the pieces within a strong magnetic field above the Curie
> temperature and pour acid over the remains. This is exactly what you
> should do with your hard disk if you _really_ need to delete.
No-no! That's not enough. All you really need to do is hurl that sucker into the Sun. Transforming matter into radiating heat to sunburn our blazer-less Presidential candidates is the only approved method of data deletion for my hard disk. John -- John Bacalle >>>Bring on the Revolution>> <http://www.nadertrader.com/> (slrn:*v****:Tin) (Mutt:v*****:Pine) (Debian:v*****:RH) (GNU:v*****:OSI) I'm selling Cisco, CCNA|CCDA|MCSE new books for sale at a discount! My reef aquarium and equipment as well. Web page pending, email interest -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org