how to read sent & encrypted mails

Christoph Hertel c.hertel@usa.net
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 19:48:34 +0100

--8X7/QrJGcKSMr1RN

Hello, oh you great collective mind of the gnupg-users list!

I have a problem, which troubles me deeply. Whenever I send mail, it
gets send to the recipient and in my sent-folder for reference. That's
good. I can see what mindless sentences I sent to a certain person, in a
certain message.

Whenever I send encrypted mail, it is put in my sent-folder, too. The
problem is, I cannot read it, since it is encrypted to the recipient.

What should I do? Send a Bcc to myself and double-encrypt the message?
That works (lovely mua called mutt). The mail just gets a little bigger
(or does the size double?) and I can read it, and it is still encrypted
(only the recpient and I can read it). The Problem is, that the
recipient gets something like
gpg: encrypted with 1024-bit ELG-E key, ID BAC8E4D5, created 2000-03-27
      "Christoph Hertel <c.hertel@usa.net>"
gpg: no secret key for decryption available
gpg: Signature made Mit 15 Nov 2000 19:25:22 CET using DSA key ID BAC8E4D5
gpg: Good signature from "Christoph Hertel <c.hertel@usa.net>

Does this confuse the average pgp(gpg)-user? Are there better solutions?
Am I the first who has this problem? Can anybody give me an argument,
why I should not double-encrypt my mail or why *only* the recipient
should able to read a message.

I'm just curious.

Thanks,

Christoph
--=20
PGP (GnuPG) encrypted mail welcome! (Key 0xBAC8E4D5)

--8X7/QrJGcKSMr1RN

--8X7/QrJGcKSMr1RN--