Decryption of file encrypted using multiple userIDs fails

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 10:21:55 +0100

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Stephane Corthesy wrote:

> stderr states that there is no secret key for decryption available
> (receiver1) or that passphrase is bad (receiver2), AND returns the
> decrypted message to stdout, as it could be decoded using receiver3
> passphrase.
gpg does only ask for a passphrase when there is a secret-key available. If you have secret keys for receiver 2 and 3 you should supply the correct passphrase for key 2 or key 3.
You should better use the status oputput than the exit code. On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Stephane Corthesy wrote:
> This is a question more related to GNU text localization system.
> What are the environment variables used to set the current language?
You better set these variables to empty (Or "C") LANG= LANGUAGE= LC_ALL= LC_MESSAGE=
You should parse the status output, the normal output is indended for a human used an may change from version to version. If there is one status missing, tell me, what you need. On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Stephane Corthesy wrote:
This bug has been fixed in the CVS Werner -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org