FYI: AES patch

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 12:19:24 +0200

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Vergonet, Henk wrote:

> Now the NIST has selected the Rijndael algorithm as a successor for DES
> I've created a smal patch for gpg. (Just for fun)
It is alreay available since Oct 3rd: ftp://ftp.guug.de/gcrypt/devel/rijndael.c.gz It is a module: $ eval `grep gcc rijndael.c` && cp rijndael /usr/local/lib/gnupg/ $ echo "load-extension rijndael" >>~/.gnupg/options I did anounce it only on the developers ML so that we can test it first against other implementations. It seesm to works, but please wait a few days before you start to use it. Anyway, it is only useful for symmetric-only encryption becuase there are yet no Rijndael preferences. Werner -- Werner Koch GnuPG key: 621CC013 OpenIT GmbH http://www.OpenIT.de -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org