gpg 1.0.1 cannot decrypt stuff encrypted by gpg 1.0.3

Kevin D. Knerr, Sr. kknerrsr@ptdprolog.net
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 08:11:59 -0400 (EDT)

On 13 Oct, Walter Truitt wrote:

> On 12 Oct, Kevin D. Knerr, Sr. wrote:
>> On 11 Oct, Darxus@ChaosReigns.com wrote:
>>> I've been encrypting some mail lately, and after I upgraded to gpg 1.0.3,
>>> the person I was emailing started getting blank messages from me.
>>>
>>> He's running 1.0.1. I did some tests.
>>
>> FWIW, I'm still running gpg-1.0.1 myself. I'm also using TkRat v2.0rc5.
>> When I first opened your message, the display was empty, but I was
>> prompted for my passphrase and eveything displayed just fine . . .
>>
>> I got the same results with your subsequent gpg -vv post as well.

> TkRat is noticing that there are PGP messages in the mail. It is
> prompting for the password to a key you don't have. I think it searches
> the message for the BEGIN PGP tag, and prompts for the password based on
> that. The sender did not send an encrypted mail to the list (except for
> the two example messages within the mail).
I'll have to check that more carefully. Those messages were the first instance where I've been prompted for *my* passphrase by TkRat (other than to encrypt). Checking a signature just requires clicking the button. It's quite possible that TkRat withheld displaying the entire message until the encrypted portions were handled . . . Barthel -- ld_barthel@yahoo.com | http://geocities.com/Area51/Shire/4063 Organization: The Pennswald Group -- Linux powered!! gpg fingerprint: 8D3F 4BFF D36B BFCC FEE5 86A0 2AAF D3DA C395 641E The generation of random numbers is too important to be left to chance. -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org