gpg 1.0.1 cannot decrypt stuff encrypted by gpg 1.0.3

Walter Truitt Walter.Truitt@usa.alcatel.com
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 08:39:52 -0500 (CDT)

On 12 Oct, Kevin D. Knerr, Sr. wrote:

> On 11 Oct, Darxus@ChaosReigns.com wrote:
>> I've been encrypting some mail lately, and after I upgraded to gpg 1.0.3,
>> the person I was emailing started getting blank messages from me.
>>
>> He's running 1.0.1. I did some tests.
>
> FWIW, I'm still running gpg-1.0.1 myself. I'm also using TkRat v2.0rc5.
> When I first opened your message, the display was empty, but I was
> prompted for my passphrase and eveything displayed just fine . . .
>
> I got the same results with your subsequent gpg -vv post as well.
>
> Barthel
TkRat is noticing that there are PGP messages in the mail. It is prompting for the password to a key you don't have. I think it searches the message for the BEGIN PGP tag, and prompts for the password based on that. The sender did not send an encrypted mail to the list (except for the two example messages within the mail). -walter -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org