Compiling on old Digital Unix

David Champion dgc@uchicago.edu
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 22:54:42 -0500

On 2000.10.21, in <20001022104951.A22431@lacebark.ntu.edu.au>,
	"Brian Salter-Duke" <b_duke@lacebark.ntu.edu.au> wrote:

> Some C compilers and the DU is one of them ignore lines such as "#ifdef
> .." unless the # is in the 1st column (showing my Fortran upbringing - I
> mean the 1st position on the line). This gives lots of errors. It was a
> boring job to edit out all the spaces and tabs before #. Could the
> developers please change this? It is a seriously bad thing to do. Not all
> of us use gcc all the time.
On some platforms you get a neat compromise by changing: #if foo #ifndef bar #endif /* !bar */ #endif /* foo? */ to: #if foo # ifndef bar # endif /* !bar */ #endif /* foo? */ Does that work with the Digital compiler? -- -D. dgc@uchicago.edu NSIT University of Chicago -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org