Which keyserver?

Felix Karpfen felkarp@pcug.org.au
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 08:41:31 +1100

Since subscribing to this list and receiving mail that has been posted to it
my Newbie grasp of gpg has improved somewhat.

I have also taken advantage of the signed messages to get some practical
experience with using the gpg options.

My success-rate score is improving.  By being encouraged to install and
start to use then 'mutt' email program, I now get signed messages reports
that automatically identify the key that was used in signing the messages.

However, my subsequent success rate in importing the identified keys has
varied.  I fail when the keys in question are not on the keyservers that I
search routinely (not surprising!).

To make the issue more precise, my recent failures include the following
public keys:

D68F2C07
BA27CADB

I have two requests/suggestions:

1) that a list of commonly-used keyservers be added to the gpg documentation; and
2) that people who sign their messages identify the keyserver on which their
public key can be found.

Felix Karpfen

--

Felix Karpfen