Unsupported public key algorithm

Felix Karpfen felkarp@pcug.org.au
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 09:23:49 +1100

I thought that I had successfully overcome the hurdle of attempting to
add non-gpg keys to my keyring

However, it appears I crowed too soon.  Below is an account of a
failure:

gpg: armor header: Version: 5.0
gpg: armor header: Comment: PGP Key Server 0.9.4
gpg: pub  1022R/D5327CB9 1992-09-25   wietse venema <wietse@wzv.win.tue.nl>
gpg: key D5327CB9: unsupported public key algorithm
gpg: key D5327CB9: unsupported public key algorithm
gpg: key D5327CB9: skipped user ID 'wietse venema <wietse@wzv.win.tue.nl>'
gpg: key D5327CB9: skipped user ID 'wietse venema <wietse@porcupine.org>'
gpg: key D5327CB9: no valid user IDs
gpg: this may be caused by a missing self-signature
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:           w/o user IDs: 1

I presume that the problem relates to the recently expired RSA patent
and <has been/will be> tackled by gpg  <patches/upgrades>.

I have currently installed gpg-1.0.2 on a RH 6.2 box;  I fear that I may
have used the rpm route for the install ( I no longer have the source
files).

What are my options?

I am quite content to wait if an update is in the wings.

Felix Karpfen
  --

Felix Karpfen
felkarp@pcug.org.au