Unsupported public key algorithm

Michael H. Warfield mhw@wittsend.com
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 16:24:54 -0400

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 09:23:49AM +1100, Felix Karpfen wrote:

> I thought that I had successfully overcome the hurdle of attempting to
> add non-gpg keys to my keyring

> However, it appears I crowed too soon. Below is an account of a
> failure:

> gpg: armor header: Version: 5.0
> gpg: armor header: Comment: PGP Key Server 0.9.4
> gpg: pub 1022R/D5327CB9 1992-09-25 wietse venema <wietse@wzv.win.tue.nl>
> gpg: key D5327CB9: unsupported public key algorithm
> gpg: key D5327CB9: unsupported public key algorithm
> gpg: key D5327CB9: skipped user ID 'wietse venema <wietse@wzv.win.tue.nl>'
> gpg: key D5327CB9: skipped user ID 'wietse venema <wietse@porcupine.org>'
> gpg: key D5327CB9: no valid user IDs
> gpg: this may be caused by a missing self-signature
> gpg: Total number processed: 1
> gpg: w/o user IDs: 1

> I presume that the problem relates to the recently expired RSA patent
> and <has been/will be> tackled by gpg <patches/upgrades>.

> I have currently installed gpg-1.0.2 on a RH 6.2 box; I fear that I may
> have used the rpm route for the install ( I no longer have the source
> files).

> What are my options?
Upgrade to gpg-1.0.3 and retest. 1.0.3 has RSA built in since RSA Labs released the algorithm into public domain two weeks before the patent was due to expire. It's all over now, anyways, since the patent would have expired by now.
> I am quite content to wait if an update is in the wings.
The update is already on stage and dancing...

Mike -- Michael H. Warfield | (770) 985-6132 | mhw@WittsEnd.com (The Mad Wizard) | (678) 463-0932 | http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/ NIC whois: MHW9 | An optimist believes we live in the best of all PGP Key: 0xDF1DD471 | possible worlds. A pessimist is sure of it! -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org