Time zone and GnuPG

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 11:38:46 +0200

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Hideki Saito wrote:

> It appears to be acting strange when I set timezone using TZ variable.
> e.g. TZ=PDT-07
Windows time handling appears starnge to me. I looked at Cygwin32 and found out that there is really a lot of code to make times work right. The problem seems to be that the Posix time functions do not interoperate well with Windows internal time functions. Setting TZ is probably not the right way to do it, becuase Windows has it's won way of doing it. I think it will be better to drop the Posix functions entirely and use the Windows functions. I am still not sure which time: FileTime or SystemTime is based on UTC and how to do the conversion right. Any hints are welcome. Werner -- Werner Koch GnuPG key: 621CC013 OpenIT GmbH http://www.OpenIT.de -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org