GNU_PG on OS390

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 12:41:34 +0200

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, DAVIDS, Rob wrote:

> I assume we can ignore the note. Are any of the other messages significant?
> What needs to be in /dev/zero ?
GnuPG does uses /dev/zero on systems which don't allow anonymous mmap. This is a common trick to work around. Make sure you have the /dev/zero device: crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 1, 5 Jul 21 1998 /dev/zero I am not sure about the implemenation of the random device, you probably want to check first whether it really delivers random (You have to look at the implementation as it is not possible to do any meaningful tests on the output of /dev/random). Werner -- Werner Koch GnuPG key: 621CC013 OpenIT GmbH http://www.OpenIT.de -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org