link error w/ gnupg-1.0.2 on Solaris 2.5.1

Clayton L. Hynfield hynfiecl@muohio.edu
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 22:31:57 -0400

Untarred/gzipped, ran configure, then make, and ran into this:

gcc  -g -O2 -Wall  -o mpicalc  mpicalc.o ../cipher/libcipher.a                ../mpi/libmpi.a ../util/libutil.a  -ldl -lnsl -lgdbm  -lsocket
bindtextdomain                      mpicalc.o  (symbol belongs to implicit dependency /usr/lib/libintl.so.1)
gettext                             ../util/libutil.a(logger.o)  (symbol belongs to implicit dependency /usr/lib/libintl.so.1)
textdomain                          mpicalc.o  (symbol belongs to implicit dependency /usr/lib/libintl.so.1)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to mpicalc
make[2]: *** [mpicalc] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/export/home/hynfiecl/src/gnupg-1.0.2/tools'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/export/home/hynfiecl/src/gnupg-1.0.2'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

This was fixed by adding -lintl to the LIBS line in tools/Makefile.
Had to do the same to g10/Makefile.

Please Cc me on responses, as I'm not on the user list.

clayton