secmem warning on Alpha

Sam Roberts sam@cogent.ca
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 13:33:43 -0400

Quoting Matt Heineman <mheinema@troopers.state.ny.us>, who wrote:

> Does anyone know why --no-secmem-warning does not suppress the
> insecure memory message on a Compaq True64 Alpha machine?
The options are parsed AFTER the first secure memory is allocated, which makes it a fairly useless option. I asked for this to be changed. It seemed to me that there was no particular reason to allocate the memory so early, and moving the allocation to after the options parsing would be safe. I think this option doesn't get any use, because most people just make gpg setuid root to fix this, but that doesn't work everywhere. What do you think Werner? Should I resubmit a patch against the latest, or has it been fixed since 1.0.1? Sam -- Sam Roberts (sam@cogent.ca), Cogent Real-Time Systems (www.cogent.ca) -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org