Groups

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 10:31:24 +0200

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, sen_ml@eccosys.com wrote:

> > I was wondering if GnuPG had anything similar to the PGP Groups
> > functionality.
No. I once started to code an alias function for the commandline/option parsing but due to time restriction I never completed it. Yes, yes I know popt does have such a feature but my commandline parsing is older. Using an alias a group can be simulated quite easy by doing something like: alias mylist "-r foo -r bar -r BND"
> if such support is added, i don't suppose it would be possible to get
> gpg to generate a different message per recipient (read: each
> recipient gets a separate session key)...
It will be failry easy to implement by changing the way the encryption function is called, i.e. you have to call it once for each recipient. Of course it will only work if you don't use stdin for the plaintext. Apropos plaintext, I was wrong with my assumption that the PGP 2 way of signing messages is not OpenPGP compatible. OpenPGP cleary states that on-pass packets are optional and if you don't use them, you have to use signature + signedd-data like PGP 2 does. This does mean that I have either to use one-pass sig packets always or do what I ever rejected to do and store the plain text in a temp. file (or in memory and let the swap partition do the temp file job) and emit the signature before the plaintext. Arggg. All this are tasks for 1.1. Werner -- Werner Koch GnuPG key: 621CC013 OpenIT GmbH http://www.OpenIT.de -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org