Cannot Create a Real Name

Erik Wessel erikw@street-cance.com
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 11:45:13 -0500

>You need a User-ID to identify your key; the software constructs the user id
>from Real Name, Comment and Email Address in this form:
> "Heinrich Heine (Der Dichter) <heinrichh@duesseldorf.de>"
>
>Real name: "Jeff Rudichuk (Sys Admin) <rudichj@recov.education.services>"
>Invalid character in name
>Real name:
It looks like you're trying to put all the information into the Real Name field, rather than just your real name. It will ask you for each of those bits of info in turn. A session should look similar to this Real Name: Jeff Rudichuck Comment: Sys Admin Email Address: rudichj@recov.education.services