CGI encryption (again)

Erik Wessel erikw@street-cance.com
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 15:25:03 -0500

Thanks everyone for you earlier suggestions.  I've tried several
methods, but the most promising was Jack McKinney's suggestion that I
create a directory for the web server user.  This I have done, even
logging in as that user and importing the keys and everything from
the command line as the web server user ('nobody', in this case).
When logged on as 'nobody' I can create keys and encrypt on keys I've
imported.  But as soon as i have my CGI script try it, it tells me:

gpg: fatal: ~/.gnupg: can't create directory: No such file or directory

I've checked to make sure that there's a .gnupg directory already,
and that it, and everything in it, is readable by 'nobody', but
nothing can get rid of this error in my web server log.  This is
really getting out of hand.  Any help would be appreciated.

Erik Wessel
STREET | CANCE
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
233  North  Water  Street