gpg 1.0.3 won't compile on HPUX 10.20

Lars Hecking lhecking@nmrc.ie
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 14:06:46 +0100

> > $ CC='/opt/softbench/bin/cc -Ae +DA1.1 +DS2.0%g' CFLAGS='+O4 +Onolimit -w -z
> > +ESlit -Ae -D_HPUX_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE' ./configure ...
> >

> Well, if I execute config.status after editing it, isn't it equivalent to
> setting the appropriate env variables before running ./configure? If I
> didn't execute config.status after the editing, what good would editing
> do, after all?
It is not equivalent, because config.status doesn't run configure. It only recreates the files in AC_OUTPUT, using cached values from a previous configure run. The results of some configure tests may differ for different compiler options, and this may lead to subtle and hard to detect errors. -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org