GnuPG 1.03, RSA/IDEA, and cipher-algo preferences

Pete Chown Pete.Chown@skygate.co.uk
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 15:42:11 +0100

Glenn Leavell wrote:

> I sent the following note to the list a week ago and haven't received
> any replies, so I thought I'd give it one more shot. Can anyone help
> me associate a default cipher-algo preference to be associated with
> each key in my keyring? Thanks --Glenn
AFAIK you can't do this at the moment. Preferences are associated with keys by the applications -- pgp and gpg for example. There is no way to modify them as a user. This has been on the "wishlist" for quite a while and will probably be added at some point. (At least this is my understanding; if this is not the case please don't think I am trying to "volunteer" anyone to do the work.) -- Pete -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org