Can't send complete key to servers

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Sat Apr 14 11:54:02 2001

On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Noah Salzman wrote:

> If there was discussion of Packet 17 (the one NAI uses for Photo IDs) you
> would want to look for it in the OpenPGP mail archives. I looked for a
> short bit and didn't see anything obvious.
IIRC, there was a discussion (maybe in private mail) and Jon said that he tries to write something down. Well, for quite some time he is not anymore with NAI, so we have to wait for someone from NAI to tell us the format. Same thing for the X.509 stuff in PGP. Personally I think this Photo ID is just a marketing gadget and not of any real use. If you really want a signed picture in your signature, put it into the notation data and get prepared for complains about wasting bandwidth adn storage. Werner -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus