New GnuPG command line option.

Rich rich@cnylug.org
Wed Apr 18 22:39:01 2001

   Timo compiled a Win32 version of GnuPG with his dyn-load code
in it for me and I was fooling around with the IDEA module and was
testing compatibility between GnuPG and PGP 2.63i and a few of the
times I encrypted (conventionally) things to decrypt with PGP
2.63i I forgot to change the compression algo that GPG used, and
2.63i wasn't able to decrypt the file.

 So I had the idea that perhaps you could add the command line
option:

 --pgp26-compat

  And it will be like adding all of the command line options
necessary for complete backwards encryption compatibility with PGP
2.6x.  So if you type "--pgp26-compat" it would be like typing:

gpg --cipher-algo IDEA --digest-algo MD5 --compress-algo 1
--rfc1991 --s2k-algo MD5  --s2k-mode 0

  Etc... you get the idea.

 Am I crazy, or just nuts?  I mentioned this option to Timo and he
said to me, "Du bist verruckt" and I didn't know what it meant.  I
assume it was a compliment in German.   ;-)

 Rich...