New GnuPG command line option.

Johan Wevers johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 18 23:57:01 2001

Rich wrote:

> So I had the idea that perhaps you could add the command line
> option:
>
> --pgp26-compat
Seems like a good idea to me! Although many people on this list don't seem to like it, many of the old pgp users (including me) who used it when 1.0 or 2.3 came out still don't like the higher versions. Gnupg behaves more like the philosophy of the older pgp versions so I like it and use it, but communication with 2.x users is still very important to me, and I guess to many others too. BTW, some options to make conventional encryption compatible would be nice too. I tested it a while back and I could not get pgp decrypt a message that was conventionally encrypted with GnuPG.
I means "you are crazy". :-) -- ir. J.C.A. Wevers // Physics and science fiction site: johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl // http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html PGP/GPG public keys at http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/pgpkeys.html